Tuesday, June 19, 2007

O DIÁLOGO É BOM COM SUBMISSÃO...

(Faisal Mahmood/Reuters)
Islamic hardliners burn an effigy of Sir Salman Rushdie in Islamabad today


Sam Knight and agencies


Britain expressed its "deep concern" today at remarks made by a Pakistani government minister about the knighting of Sir Salman Rushdie as protests against the award continued among Islamic hardliners in Pakistan and Iran.

The British High Commissioner to Pakistan, Robert Brinkley, was summoned to meet officials in Islamabad to hear Pakistani objections to the honour but, according to a Foreign Office spokeswoman, relayed Britain's own "deep concern" about comments made by the religious affairs minister, Mohammed Ijaz ul-Haq, in the national assembly yesterday.

Mr ul-Haq appeared to justify a suicide bombing attack in response to Rushdie's knighthood when he told Pakistani MPs that "if somebody has to attack by strapping a bomb to his body to protect the honour of the Prophet, then it is justified." He later said he had been misunderstood.
Today Mr Brinkley "made clear the British Government’s deep concern at what the minister for religious affairs was reported to have said," according the spokesman. “The British Government is very clear that nothing can justify suicide bomb attacks.”

The Pakistani Foreign Ministry said that Mr Brinkley was given copies of resolutions passed unanimously by MPs yesterday condemning Rushdie's knighthood. A spokeswoman said: “He was told the decision by the British Government was contrary to objectives to bring about harmony between the faiths. He was told that the people of Pakistan and Muslims all around the world resent this decision."

Britain's diplomatic protest failed to impress the Conservatives, who said the Government should take a stronger stand against the protests that rose against Rushdie's knighthood yesterday. An Iranian extremist group has raised the bounty on Rushdie's head from $100,000 to $150,000 while the Queen's effigy was burned on the streets of Lahore. Today, an Iranian newspaper called the Queen an "old crone".

Paul Goodman, the Tory MP for Wycombe, said that the UK should demand an apology from the highest reaches of the Pakistani government for Mr ul-Haq's comments and compared the Government's response to its quiet stand in the protests over Danish newspaper cartoons that depicted the Prophet Muhammad last year.

“Our own Government should call for such a condemnation without delay," he said. "Instead, there appears to be radio silence on the matter from ministers. It’s Groundhog Day from the Government on incitement from terror: in the aftermath of the Danish cartoon protests in London, ministers stood idly by. It’s the same feeble story today.”

Rushdie remains formally sentenced to death for blasphemy in a fatwa decreed by Ayatollah Khomeini in 1989 but Iran has promised not to implement it. Nonetheless, he remains a figure of loathing for many extremist Muslims for his 1988 novel, The Satanic Verses, in which he depicted a prophet being misled by the Devil.

Radical groups carried on their protests today. The first deputy speaker of the Iranian parliament told cheering MPs: "Salman Rushdie has turned into a hated corpse which cannot be resurrected by any action. The action by the British Queen in knighting Salman Rushdie, the apostate, is an unwise one."

The Iranian daily newspaper, Jomhuri Eslami, linked the knighthood to a party held at the British Embassy in Tehran last week to mark the sovereign's birthday and claimed that British diplomats in the capital knew about Rushdie's honour. The newspaper also hypothesised that the controversial award was designed to draw attention away from late-night antics of Prince William and Prince Harry.

“The queen bitterly felt that while those infamous princes and that playboy of a crown prince do not make for good news, she has to take it onto herself to create headlines to make up for her court’s inferiority complex," the newspaper wrote. “The question is what the old British crone sought by knighting Rushdie: to help him? Well, her act only shortens Rushdie’s pathetic life."

In Lahore, members of Shabab-e-Mill, the youth wing of Pakistan’s radical Jamaat-e-Islami party, burned the Union Jack for the second day running and their leader, Shahid Gilani, said the group had decided "that we will from now on call every dog ’Sir’".

POR ACASO PORTUGAL TEM UMA EMBAIXADA NO PAQUISTÃO ONDE DEVEM EXISTIR OS PORTUGUESES DA EMBAIXADA...
SERVE A DITA PARA PASSAR PASSAPORTES ( A BEM OU ROUBADOS...)
AQUI DEVERIA SER TUDO ENCERRADO!

OS BLOQUISTAS DE GAZA

Christians living in Gaza City on Monday appealed to the international community to protect them against increased attacks by Muslim extremists. Many Christians said they were prepared to leave the Gaza Strip as soon as the border crossings are reopened.

The appeal came following a series of attacks on a Christian school and church in Gaza City over the past few days.

Father Manuel Musalam, leader of the small Latin community in the Gaza Strip, said masked gunmen torched and looted the Rosary Sisters School and the Latin Church.

“The masked gunmen used rocket-propelled grenades to storm the main entrances of the school and church,” he said. “Then they destroyed almost everything inside, including the Cross, the Holy Book, computers and other equipment.”

Musalam expressed outrage over the burning of copies of the Bible, noting that the gunmen destroyed all the Crosses inside the church and school. “Those who did these awful things have no respect for Christian-Muslim relations,” he said.

A TODO O MOMENTO A PACÍFICA COMUNIDADE ISLÂMICA RADICAL QUE TÃO BONS AMIGOS TEM NO OCIDENTE, NOMEADAMENTE NO BE, NÃO PARA DE NOS SURPREENDER COM A SUA RECIPROCIDADE NO DIÁLOGO DE CULTURAS.

27 MIL MILHÕES DE EUROS

VERBA QUE VAI SER RECEBIDA DA EUROPA.SEM QUE AS MEDIDAS DE TRANSPARÊNCIA E ANTI-CORRUPÇÃO TENHAM SIDO IMPLEMENTADAS.O PESSOAL ESTÁ QUASE NO FIM DA TRAVESSIA DO DESERTO... E POR ISSO JÁ NEM EXISTEM ESQUERDAS E DIREITAS .ESTÁ TUDO COM O PODER POIS QUE O PESSOAL NÃO QUER SÓ CHEIRAR...
A ZÉZINHA FOI A ÚLTIMA CONVERSÃO...

QUANTO AO "TRATADO" CUIDADO COM OS MANOS POLACOS QUE AVISO NÃO GOSTAM DE COMUNISTAS , MESMO DISFARÇADOS,POLITICAMENTE CORRECTOS EM MATÉRIA DE GAYS E LÉSBICAS E MESMO DE EXCESSIVOS LAICISMOS... PORTANTO CUIDADINHO COMO PRETENDEREM OBTER A SUA APROVAÇÃO...

QUANTO ÀS MASSAS VEJAM LÁ SE DEIXAM ALGUMA COISINHA PARA OS PRETOS DO NORTE...

ANA PAULA E CAROL

4 COCAINE TONS FROM VENEZUELA

La policía intercepta un barco que iba a Galicia con cuatro toneladas de cocaína
Un grupo de asalto del GEO frustró en aguas del Atlántico la operación de los narcotraficantes
ELISA LOIS - Vilagarcía - 19/06/2007



Todo estaba preparado para desembarcar en Galicia la próxima semana uno de los mayores cargamentos de cocaína organizado entre grupos de traficantes latinoamericanos y gallegos. Pero a cuatro días de camino de su objetivo, un grupo de asalto del GEO abortó la operación en aguas del Atlántico con el abordaje del barco Oceanía, de 30 metros de eslora, que navegaba sin pabellón, cuando transportaba 154 fardos de cocaína, que pueden superar las cuatro toneladas, y detuvo a sus seis tripulantes. En tierra fueron apresadas otras cinco personas.


Agentes de la policía especializados en la lucha contra la droga y el crimen organizado de Galicia y Madrid y de la Sección Cuarta de Estupefacientes detuvieron en tierra a los dos dirigentes gallegos de la organización y los tres colombianos que iban a distribuir la mayor parte del cargamento desde la capital.

En Ribeira (A Coruña) fueron arrestados Miguel Ángel Rial Casais, de 46 años, y Víctor Manuel Pérez Santos, de 40, ambos con antecedentes por tráfico de drogas, que iban a dar cobertura al transporte del alijo hasta las costas de Galicia. Rial y Pérez ya habían preparado el pesquero que iría a recoger el cargamento y las planeadoras que lo acercarían a la costa.


COM TANTA VIGILÂNCIA REVOLUCIONÁRIA E DEXAM EMBARCAR 4 TONELADAS DE COCAINA? É ESSE O PARAÍSO QUE QUEREM OFERECER ?

SÓ DERAM CONTA EM 2007...

O presidente da Câmara das Lajes das Flores, nos Açores, recebeu indevidamente cerca de 150 mil euros, conclui o Tribunal de Contas numa auditoria agora tornada pública.






O relatório segue agora para o Ministério Público, onde será avaliada a responsabilidade financeira reintegratório e sancionatória.

João António Lourenço recebeu integralmente o ordenado de presidente da câmara, entre 1998 e Janeiro de 2006

SÓ ESTE? DE CERTEZA? GRANDE FISCALIZAÇÃO DEMOCRATICA...

O ex-presidente da Câmara Municipal de Celorico da Beira, Júlio Santos, foi ontem condenado a cinco anos e dez meses de prisão pela prática de crimes de corrupção passiva para acto lícito, peculato, branqueamento de capitais e abuso de poder.






O Tribunal de Celorico da Beira considerou provados os factos praticados por Júlio Santos quando era presidente da autarquia, entre 1994 e Abril de 2002 - altura em que foi suspenso no decurso do inquérito relacionado com este processo. Entre 1994 e Dezembro de 2001, foi eleito pelo PS e, no terceiro mandato, iniciado em Janeiro de 2002, pelo MPT - partido que ganhou uma autarquia pela primeira vez.

O ex-autarca foi condenado, em cúmulo jurídico, pela prática de dois crimes de corrupção passiva para acto lícito, um de peculato, um de branqueamento de capitais e outro de abuso de poder. Ficou ainda proibido de exercer cargos públicos por um período de cinco anos.

O acórdão refere que Júlio Santos recebeu contrapartidas em dinheiro em dois casos relacionados com a adjudicação de obras municipais - a variante de Celorico da Beira e a beneficiação da estrada Celorico Gare/Forno Telheiro/Espinheiro. Ficou ainda provado que “obteve uma vantagem económica, através da prática de crime de corrupção, no valor de 125 mil euros”, ficando com uma fatia desse dinheiro. Uma parte serviu para comprar um apartamento, em Lisboa, em nome de um sobrinho e outra foi depositada em quantias mais pequenas, em numerário, numa conta de uma irmã.

O Tribunal considerou que se “aproveitou das competências que por Lei lhe estavam atribuídas” para se apropriar “de forma ilícita, em seu proveito ou em proveito de familiares” de 7 244 euros de ajudas de custos, 2 692 euros de estadias, refeições e serviços e 11 778 euros para a aquisição de bens pessoais. A juíza Ana Cardoso, que presidiu o colectivo, afirmou que Júlio Santos seguiu “uma conduta de enriquecimento pessoal” enquanto autarca.

No que respeita ao crime de abuso de poder, o acórdão diz que “entre 1998 e 2001” o arguido “tinha por hábito convidar diversas pessoas para almoços e jantares dando origem a elevadas despesas com restauração” suportadas pela autarquia.

PERFIL

Júlio Manuel dos Santos tem 46 anos é advogado e político. Gosta de poesia e chegou mesmo a editar um livro. Assumiu a presidência da Câmara de Celorico em 1994 pelo PS. Em Janeiro de 2002, candidatou-se pelo MPT e venceu ficando no cargo até Abril desse ano. A sua forma de governar nunca gerou consenso no meio político de Celorico da Beira, embora tivesse sido eleito três vezes com maioria absoluta.

PROCESSO

ABSOLVIDOS

O Tribunal absolveu da prática de co-autoria do crime de branqueamento de capitais cinco familiares directos de Júlio Santos.

DENÚNCIA ANÓNIMA

O processo de investigação ao antigo presidente da Câmara Municipal de Celorico da Beira foi desencadeado na sequência de uma denúncia anónima.

RESTAURANTES

Segundo o acórdão, entre 1998 e 2001, Júlio Santos realizou diversas refeições no País em restaurantes “sabidamente de elevada qualidade e custo”.

RECURSO

Rodrigo Santiago, advogado de Júlio Santos, admite recorrer da decisão do Tribunal de Celorico da Beira.


MONTES DE AUTARCAS SÃO OS MELHORES CLIENTES DE BONS RESTAURANTES LÁ DO BURGO.SEMPRE COM CONVIDADOS, SÓ PARA COMEREM DE BORLA...
E A OPOSIÇÃO NUNCA FUNCIONA... PORQUE SERÁ?